Wednesday, November 9, 2011

The Pain it took

*Disclaimer- No food, No cooking - But a dedication to a great friend.


Have you ever gone through a rough time in life? When the world seemed to be falling down around you and nothing seems to be going the way you planned? I can guarantee we've all been at that place one time or another. What I wonder is if we ever take time to reflect back on those moments when things calm back down life falls back into place and all it right with the world ( which is utlimatetly where we eventually find ourselves)


This week I've been reflecting on this. It makes me grateful not only for the lessons learned during the hard times but for the friends who stand by us supporting, loving, encouraging along the way.


I remember back to 2007 when I was dealing with the age old questions "what am I doing with my life?" Life seemed to be getting a little out of control and I had a bit of what I like to call a "quarter life crisis" Nothing seemed to be going my way and life just wasn't looking like I had dreamed it would. I couldn't understand the tests and trials I was facing and really just wanted life to fall into place. I remember long phone call's with one friend in particular who really helped me process and deal with every thing. This is the song we both held onto during those difficult times. It helped us remember theres a greater purpose in life and that for every test or trial we will make it to the other side and be amazed at what we have accomplished.


This past week the aforementioned friend celebrated a mile stone and great accomplishment. I remember back to 2005 when she would brave the cold mornings of Northern NY and diligently run for the fun and the health of it. Fast forward 6 years to this past Sunday and she ran her first full marathon - 26.2 miles! No only did she run this race but she ran for a cause, she ran in support for those less fortunate. Because of her others were made aware of children not fortunate to have access to food, clean water, medical treatment or education. She helped find sponsers to provide these kids with a brighter future.  Did it hurt? Yes! Was the road easy? No.Did she have moments of blood sweat and tears? Yes! But it all boils down to this one truth. A truth we both held on to many times over the past 6 years. A truth we all need to be reminded of often 


"The end will justify the pain it took to get us there!


I couldn't be more proud of you. You are not only a great frined but an inspiration. Your dedication, commitment and zeal amaze me. Your hard work has paid off in more ways that you will ever know. The impact you have on people is life changing. I <3 you girly

No comments:

Post a Comment