Saturday, January 15, 2011

Chocolate fix



LOVE Tongo Bars - The Mr. calls them white brownies with chocolate chip - I don't care what you call them as long as I can eat them! I love that the ingredients are so basic and there was no need to run to the store to make them, as I had everything in my pantry. Work has been crazy and today we had to go in at 5am to do inventory. 5 am is bad but this is when a 30 minute commute hurts! I was in bed by 9:30pm and the alarm when off at 3:30am - yikes! I admit the snooze was hit a few times but I finally made it up and showered and out the door with my pan of Towanda bars for which my employees were grateful. They all ask why I work retail and don't open my own bakery hahahaha if only they knew how easy baking was. As I made these bars I wondered why I alway opt for the box stuff when baking from scratch is just as easy with only a few more measuring cups and spoons to clean? My only concern is that the middle collapses after it cools - The Mr. assured me that thats whats supposed to happen but maybe hes just trying to make me feel better :)

1 comment:

  1. Looks so good. And you're right... I do have all these ingredients... except the chocolate chips (because those don't last around here). I'll definitely give this one a try!

    ReplyDelete