Monday, April 23, 2012

Menu Monday




In my attempt to blog more consistently I'm linking up with a few other blogs I enjoy reading. While I've been doing my own version of posting my weekly dinner menu's I'm linking up with Menu Plan Monday, go on over and check her out!


Monday - Grilled Chicken and Vegetables (peppers, zucchini & Squash)
Tuesday - Grilled Pork Chops, Roasted Ranch Red potatoes & Asparagus
Wednesday - Late night . . . well 10ish, crazy since this is my "new late night" compared to my "Old" one being 2am!
Thursday - Grilled pizza
Friday - Jennie O turkey burgers & Corn on the cob.

Breakfast - Blue berry muffins - one batch made and these should last us the week.

All recipes are variations of things I've read on line or made in the past. Let me know if you'd like to know how they turned out or how they were made and I will post.

This week I spent $65 on grocery's. These meals should all make enough for dinner and lunch the next day. In planning our meals I am trying to accomplish 3 things.

1. Be frugal with our grocery budget. Changing job locations has its perks and its sacrifices. I did have to take a pay cut to have the luxury of seeing the Mr every day - def worth it! While we are still more than able to maintain our financial goals, I do want to make sure that we make the adjustment to spend less.

2. Buy fresh. When I went into the grocery store I wanted to see how much I could buy from the "out side isle". Have you heard of this method of shopping? Next time you go try it! The best stuff lines the out side isle of the store like the bakery, produce, dairy, meat & deli. I was able to do most of my shopping there - what did i but from the inside? Marinade & muffin mix both of which I bought to make life easier. I could have made them both from scratch but I just didn't have the time. Also I had everything I needed for the grilled pizza at home ( soft tortilla shells, mozzarella & Pizza sauce, just added the left over veggies from Monday)

3. Be fit using My Fitness Pal - I'll be logging my meals to see where my calories come from each day. I don't usually work out but this is the first step for me and the plan it to work more Dog walks and Yoga time in.

Whats your menu look like this week?

1 comment:

  1. well hello there... welcome back!
    If you're on Pinterest, there's soooo many delish meal recipes AND menu planners. It might be overwhelming, but it also might help!
    Glad to "see" you again!

    ReplyDelete