Monday, August 15, 2011

Missin My Kitchen

This summer has thrown me thru a loop. With me changing job locations and a husband who likes to globe trot - we lost all semblance of normalcy and routine. I wont lie it took a much bigger toll on me that I expected and the last 2 months have been pretty tough.

 Mentally I have been counting down to September when I expected things to slow down. It has been my excuse for every thing. When will I start to eat healthy? In September. When will I make it back to church? In September. When will I keep my house clean? In September. When will I start working out? In September. Well I've got 2 weeks and a lot to do so I'm attempting a just start.

I spent last week with my family in New York and then we spent the weekend in MD with the Hub's family celebrating the BEE-U-Tee-Ful wedding of his brother! After a nightmare of a Southwest flight we made it home at 1am. Thankfully I was off today and took advantage of the day to get my Sh*t together. DR appointment rescheduled - check, Bills paid - check, Vet price quotes for neuter and shots - check, Mountains of dirty clothes washed and folded - check. but the biggest thing to tackle - grocery shopping.

It all started with a "little" List
That turned into this
That finally enabled me to bring back MENU MONDAY for 2 weeks! And the double bonus - I will tackle 5 family recipes! Tomorrow marks 10 months in and I still have a lot of cooking and baking to complete or else I may request an extension to complete this experiment!

Woo hoo this excites me! So here is whats planned for this week.

Monday
Chicken Pot Pie - by Aunt Jeanne
Cheesy Rice & Beans - by Aunt Jeanne

Tuesday
Taco Tuesday - @ Tijuana Flats

Wednesday 
Flank Steak - by the Newest MRS. Fij (as of Saturday to be exact)
Baked Potato
Tomato Salad

Thursday
Ham
Scalped Potatoes - again by the new MRS

Friday
Grilled Chicken & Veggie Skewers
Grilled corn on the cob

Stay tuned for more recipes, reviews and menus!




No comments:

Post a Comment